About The Client
Our client partner is one of the world’s leading biotech companies pioneering the development and delivery of transformative therapies.
Since our partnership began in 2001, Creative Group has provided full meeting management for internal sales meetings, incentive travel programs and external customer meetings including healthcare provider (HCP) meetings.
The goal was to raise the bar on how HCPs viewed their participation in meetings. Our client wanted its HCP meetings to be perceived among the healthcare industry as the gold standard.
It was clear to us that improving the meetings required raising the bar on service. In an environment of codes and regulations for HCP meetings, service excellence is the benchmark for quality meetings that create positive experiences and leave lasting impressions.
Excellence in service, however, is an objective achieved not just by the efforts of the meeting planning team, but throughout the client organization. Our client recognized the need to forge new partnerships with other corporate departments that play a role in how the HCP is serviced, such as legal, procurement, corporate travel and accounts payable. Service Excellence is a process that involves everyone.
Our first step in the discovery phase was to meet with the client to identify both the successes and the pain points within the current process. Utilizing industry best practices and adapting them to the client’s corporate culture, we presented a set of Service Excellence Procedures. These processes provided new standards, and a challenge to all involved – including the new, multi-department partnership – to meet them.
As a result, the following changes were made to affect delivery of HCP investigator meetings:
- Developed a comprehensive meeting request form to ensure accurate sourcing and ultimately the most conducive space for quality HCP discussion.
- Created budget and scope of work templates to streamline the meeting approval process and get meetings on the HCPs’ calendars with longer lead time.
- Reduced invoice payment time from 45 to 30 days making it more likely that honoraria payments could be distributed on-site.
- Assigned a dedicated team to manage meetings, ensuring a consistent experience and message to the HCPs.
- Instituted white glove meet & greet for all HCPs.
- Established key performance indicators to ensure the process remained on track.
A new position was created and an HCP reporting specialist was assigned to the account to ensure accuracy and timeliness of reporting.
We met all agreed-to client Service Excellence Procedures, with 98% of HCP attendees returning surveys “strongly agreeing” or “agreeing” against pre-communication and on-site operation indicators. The client expressed overwhelming satisfaction with the processes and awarded additional business to Creative Group, making this the most successful year of our partnership.
Click below to download a PDF of this case study.
The Gold Standard for HCPs